Breaking News Bar
updated: 3/1/2013 8:01 PM

No injuries in Carpentersville fire

hello
Success - Article sent! close
 
 

A fire that broke out Friday afternoon in a single-family home in Carpentersville was contained to a second-floor bedroom, authorities said.

The fire started about 2:20 p.m. at 1503 Plymouth Circle and was out about 10 minutes after fire fighting crews arrived, according to Battalion Chief Kieran Stout of the Carpentersville Fire Department.

Order Reprint Print Article
 
Interested in reusing this article?
Custom reprints are a powerful and strategic way to share your article with customers, employees and prospects.
The YGS Group provides digital and printed reprint services for Daily Herald. Complete the form to the right and a reprint consultant will contact you to discuss how you can reuse this article.
Need more information about reprints? Visit our Reprints Section for more details.

Contact information ( * required )

Success - request sent close

Two people were home at the time, but they were able to escape safely, Stout said, and no injuries were reported.

The cause of the fire appears to be electrical, he added.

Smoke damage was present throughout the house, forcing residents to stay elsewhere Friday night, he said.

Share this page
Comments ()
Guidelines: Keep it civil and on topic; no profanity, vulgarity, slurs or personal attacks. People who harass others or joke about tragedies will be blocked. If a comment violates these standards or our terms of service, click the X in the upper right corner of the comment box. To find our more, read our FAQ.