Daily Herald - Suburban Chicago's source for news This copy is for personal, non-commercial use. To order presentation-ready copies for distribution you can: 1) Use the "Reprint" button found on the top and bottom of every article, 2) Visit reprints.theygsgroup.com/dailyherald.asp for samples and additional information or 3) Order a reprint of this article now.
Article updated: 3/1/2013 9:53 PM

Fire shuts down Naperville restaurant

By Christopher Placek

A kitchen fire shut down a Naperville restaurant during dinner service Friday night, authorities said.

Firefighting crews responded to Traverso's restaurant, located at 2523 Plainfield Naperville Road, at 6:51 p.m. The fire was extinguished within a few minutes, according to the Naperville Fire Department.

Crews remained on the scene for about 45 minutes to see if the fire had extended to the walls and ceiling, and to complete salvage and overhaul operations, officials said.

The fire was determined to be unintentional and caused by prolonged exposure to excessive heat, authorities said.

Damages were estimated at $15,000.

No injuries were reported.

The restaurant will be closed, pending an inspection by the Will County Health Department.

Copyright © 2014 Paddock Publications, Inc. All rights reserved.