Breaking News Bar
updated: 3/1/2013 9:53 PM

Fire shuts down Naperville restaurant

hello
Success - Article sent! close
 
 

A kitchen fire shut down a Naperville restaurant during dinner service Friday night, authorities said.

Firefighting crews responded to Traverso's restaurant, located at 2523 Plainfield Naperville Road, at 6:51 p.m. The fire was extinguished within a few minutes, according to the Naperville Fire Department.

Order Reprint Print Article
 
Interested in reusing this article?
Custom reprints are a powerful and strategic way to share your article with customers, employees and prospects.
The YGS Group provides digital and printed reprint services for Daily Herald. Complete the form to the right and a reprint consultant will contact you to discuss how you can reuse this article.
Need more information about reprints? Visit our Reprints Section for more details.

Contact information ( * required )

Success - request sent close

Crews remained on the scene for about 45 minutes to see if the fire had extended to the walls and ceiling, and to complete salvage and overhaul operations, officials said.

The fire was determined to be unintentional and caused by prolonged exposure to excessive heat, authorities said.

Damages were estimated at $15,000.

No injuries were reported.

The restaurant will be closed, pending an inspection by the Will County Health Department.

Share this page
Comments ()
Guidelines: Keep it civil and on topic; no profanity, vulgarity, slurs or personal attacks. People who harass others or joke about tragedies will be blocked. If a comment violates these standards or our terms of service, click the X in the upper right corner of the comment box. To find our more, read our FAQ.
    help here