Breaking News Bar
updated: 2/27/2013 11:39 AM

Disabled woman dies in Mount Vernon house fire

hello
Success - Article sent! close
 
Associated Press

MOUNT VERNON, Ill. -- Investigators say an overloaded electrical extension cord sparked a southern Illinois house fire that killed a 63-year-old disabled woman who was trapped inside.

Mount Vernon Fire Chief Jim Brown says Donna Romano's body was found Tuesday morning in the living room of her single-story, wood-framed home.

Order Reprint Print Article
 
Interested in reusing this article?
Custom reprints are a powerful and strategic way to share your article with customers, employees and prospects.
The YGS Group provides digital and printed reprint services for Daily Herald. Complete the form to the right and a reprint consultant will contact you to discuss how you can reuse this article.
Need more information about reprints? Visit our Reprints Section for more details.

Contact information ( * required )

Success - request sent close

No one else was in the home at the time of the fire, which was reported by neighbors.

Assistant Fire Chief Kevin Sargent says Romano needed assistance to handle her daily activities.

Funeral arrangements are pending.

Share this page
Comments ()
Guidelines: Keep it civil and on topic; no profanity, vulgarity, slurs or personal attacks. People who harass others or joke about tragedies will be blocked. If a comment violates these standards or our terms of service, click the X in the upper right corner of the comment box. To find our more, read our FAQ.