Note: Answers provided have not been edited for grammar, misspellings or typos. In some instances, candidate claims that could not be immediately verified have been omitted.
Office sought: Warrenville Public Library Board Trustee
Family: Mother of two young adults
Occupation: • 20 years in finance and accounting
• Owner and creator of a bath and beauty company
• Board member and treasurer of a local apparel company
Education: Attended Waubonsee Community College, Sugar Grove, IL
Civic involvement: • Living Historian
• Speaking and demonstrating volunteer of the Isle a la Cache Museum
• Member of the Isle a la Cache Brigade
• Member of the Forces of Montcalm and Wolfe
• Organizer, Social Justice in DuPage
• Volunteer, Warrenville Friends of the Fourth
Elected offices held: None
Have you ever been arrested for or convicted of a crime? If yes, please explain: No
Key Issue 1
IT'S ABOUT COMMUNITY
• Improved Library Services
• Fiscal Responsibility and Transparency
• Independent Voice
• A Library on the Path to Sustainability
I decided to run for public office because I wanted to enrich the lives of the community through improved library services. Also, I love to read and do research at the library and I will work for a fiscally strong local library. I recognize in these tough economic times, our community more than ever will need to rely on the services our library provides.
I believe that the Warrenville library board trustee position must be accountable, fiscally responsible, and transparent at every level and committed to providing vision and direction towards Warrenville Library District policies in the best interest of the community.
I will be an Independent voice on the board and provdie critical thinking and ask the tough questions. I will advocate that the library district use more innovative energy and cost saving sustainable green technology.