Daily Herald - Suburban Chicago's source for news This copy is for personal, non-commercial use. To order presentation-ready copies for distribution you can: 1) Use the "Reprint" button found on the top and bottom of every article, 2) Visit reprints.theygsgroup.com/dailyherald.asp for samples and additional information or 3) Order a reprint of this article now.
Article updated: 2/15/2013 8:38 AM

Status hearing for Chicago car-bomb plot suspect

By

There's a status hearing scheduled for a Hillside man accused of trying to set off what he thought was a car bomb outside a Chicago bar.

Adel Daoud was arrested last year following a sting operation and recently pleaded not guilty to terrorism-related charges.

There's still no trial date set in the 19-year-old's case and one could be fixed at his Friday hearing.

Prosecutors have said the Hillside man told undercover agents he believed the U.S. was at war with Muslims. But Daoud's attorney has argued the car-bomb plot was the agents' idea.

At previous hearings, the bushy-haired Daoud has appeared surprisingly at ease. He's even joked with the judge and smiled as he waved to family sitting in court.

Copyright © 2014 Paddock Publications, Inc. All rights reserved.