Status hearing for Chicago car-bomb plot suspect
There's a status hearing scheduled for a Hillside man accused of trying to set off what he thought was a car bomb outside a Chicago bar.
Adel Daoud was arrested last year following a sting operation and recently pleaded not guilty to terrorism-related charges.
There's still no trial date set in the 19-year-old's case and one could be fixed at his Friday hearing.
Prosecutors have said the Hillside man told undercover agents he believed the U.S. was at war with Muslims. But Daoud's attorney has argued the car-bomb plot was the agents' idea.
At previous hearings, the bushy-haired Daoud has appeared surprisingly at ease. He's even joked with the judge and smiled as he waved to family sitting in court.
- Share Facebook Twitter
Article sent to (required)E-mail
Article sent from (required)E-mail Name
Subject Line (article title)
Message (optional)Success - Article sent Click to close
Interested in reusing this article?
Custom reprints are a powerful and strategic way to share your article with customers, employees and prospects.
The YGS Group provides digital and printed reprint services for Daily Herald. Complete the form to the right and a reprint consultant will contact you to discuss how you can reuse this article.Need more information about reprints? Visit our Reprints Section for more details.
Contact information ( * required )Name * Company Telephone * E-mail *
Article InformationTitle URL
Message (optional)Success - Reprint request sent Click to close