Breaking News Bar
posted: 2/7/2013 4:25 PM

Probation revoked for teen who admitted starting fires

hello
Success - Article sent! close
 
 

A Wheeling teenager who was sentenced to probation in October after he admitted setting several fires last summer now faces a three-year prison term, court records show.

Court records show Nathan Orlowski, 18, received the prison term after pleading guilty this week to violating his probation, which included mental health counseling.

Order Reprint Print Article
 
Interested in reusing this article?
Custom reprints are a powerful and strategic way to share your article with customers, employees and prospects.
The YGS Group provides digital and printed reprint services for Daily Herald. Complete the form to the right and a reprint consultant will contact you to discuss how you can reuse this article.
Need more information about reprints? Visit our Reprints Section for more details.

Contact information ( * required )

Success - request sent close

On July 12, 2012, a witness observed Orlowski, then 17, light a patch of grass on fire in the 500 block of Fairway View and try to put it out with a fire extinguisher, prosecutors said at Orlowski's bond hearing last year. That incident followed another in which the teen tried to set fire to a trash bin in the 500 block of Locust Court in Wheeling, prosecutors said during his bond hearing. That fire spread to a wooden fence surrounding the trash bin, prosecutors said.

Share this page
Comments ()
Guidelines: Keep it civil and on topic; no profanity, vulgarity, slurs or personal attacks. People who harass others or joke about tragedies will be blocked. If a comment violates these standards or our terms of service, click the X in the upper right corner of the comment box. To find our more, read our FAQ.