One person was slightly injured Monday morning when an unattended candle apparently sparked a fire in a residence on the 1200 block of East Oxford in Wheaton.
Firefighters said they responded at 9:33 a.m. and found the fire in a second-floor bedroom. They were able to bring the fire under control in minutes.
Authorities said the sole resident was evacuated and treated for a minor injury at the scene and then released. Damage estimates were not yet available, but the building was turned back to the property owner.Copyright © 2013 Paddock Publications, Inc. All rights reserved.