Daily Herald - Suburban Chicago's source for news This copy is for personal, non-commercial use. To order presentation-ready copies for distribution you can: 1) Use the "Reprint" button found on the top and bottom of every article, 2) Visit reprints.theygsgroup.com/dailyherald.asp for samples and additional information or 3) Order a reprint of this article now.
Article updated: 2/3/2013 11:00 PM

No one injured in Naperville restaurant grease fire

By

A grease fire at a Naperville restaurant Sunday night was quickly extinguished, fire officials said.

The fire department received a call from employees at Katy's Dumpling House, 790 Royal St. George Drive, at 8:16 p.m. Sunday that there was a grease fire in the kitchen that started in a wok, and they had attempted to extinguish it, according to a news release.

Everyone was evacuated safely, and there were no injuries reported.

The fire was out within 10 minutes, but crews remained on the scene for an hour to check the building's ventilation system because the fire had moved up into the hood and duct system as well as the exterior of the roof, officials said.

Damages were estimated at about $40,000, officials said.

The Naperville Fire Department was assisted by the city's police, building and electric departments, as well as the Aurora Fire Department, Nicor and the DuPage County Health Department.

Copyright © 2014 Paddock Publications, Inc. All rights reserved.