Breaking News Bar
updated: 2/3/2013 11:00 PM

No one injured in Naperville restaurant grease fire

hello
Success - Article sent! close
 
Daily Herald report

A grease fire at a Naperville restaurant Sunday night was quickly extinguished, fire officials said.

The fire department received a call from employees at Katy's Dumpling House, 790 Royal St. George Drive, at 8:16 p.m. Sunday that there was a grease fire in the kitchen that started in a wok, and they had attempted to extinguish it, according to a news release.

Order Reprint Print Article
 
Interested in reusing this article?
Custom reprints are a powerful and strategic way to share your article with customers, employees and prospects.
The YGS Group provides digital and printed reprint services for Daily Herald. Complete the form to the right and a reprint consultant will contact you to discuss how you can reuse this article.
Need more information about reprints? Visit our Reprints Section for more details.

Contact information ( * required )

Success - request sent close

Everyone was evacuated safely, and there were no injuries reported.

The fire was out within 10 minutes, but crews remained on the scene for an hour to check the building's ventilation system because the fire had moved up into the hood and duct system as well as the exterior of the roof, officials said.

Damages were estimated at about $40,000, officials said.

The Naperville Fire Department was assisted by the city's police, building and electric departments, as well as the Aurora Fire Department, Nicor and the DuPage County Health Department.

Share this page
Comments ()
Guidelines: Keep it civil and on topic; no profanity, vulgarity, slurs or personal attacks. People who harass others or joke about tragedies will be blocked. If a comment violates these standards or our terms of service, click the X in the upper right corner of the comment box. To find our more, read our FAQ.