Breaking News Bar
updated: 1/25/2013 7:54 AM

Fatal Ind. fire likely caused by portable heater

hello
Success - Article sent! close
 
Associated Press

WARSAW, Ind. -- Fire officials in northeastern Indiana say a house fire that killed one person appears to have been started by a portable heater used to thaw out frozen pipes.

The Kosciusko County Fire Investigation Team said Thursday that Wednesday's blaze at a lake home in Warsaw apparently started in the home's basement, where the portable heater had been set up.

Order Reprint Print Article
 
Interested in reusing this article?
Custom reprints are a powerful and strategic way to share your article with customers, employees and prospects.
The YGS Group provides digital and printed reprint services for Daily Herald. Complete the form to the right and a reprint consultant will contact you to discuss how you can reuse this article.
Need more information about reprints? Visit our Reprints Section for more details.

Contact information ( * required )

Success - request sent close

Authorities have not released the name of the person whose body was found inside the gutted home.

Sgt. Chad Hill of the county sheriff's department tells The Journal Gazette the home was engulfed in flames when firefighters arrived and intense flames prevented them from entering the residence.

Two renters living in part of the house escaped the fire and called 911 from a nearby home.

Share this page
Comments ()
Guidelines: Keep it civil and on topic; no profanity, vulgarity, slurs or personal attacks. People who harass others or joke about tragedies will be blocked. If a comment violates these standards or our terms of service, click the X in the upper right corner of the comment box. To find our more, read our FAQ.
    help here