Heart Of A Marine Foundation
The Heart Of A Marine Foundation improves the lives of military personnel and veterans from all branches of the United States Armed Forces, veterans, and their families.
Walking Tall Project
• Supplies orthopedic canes to the Edward Hines Jr. VA Hospital in Chicago, Walter Reed National Military Center, the Wounded Warriors Center in Camp Lejeune and to any military member or veteran in need.
• Supplies computers and interactive computer software to VA hospitals and civilian hospitals and rehab centers that have veteran programs to assist veterans with traumatic brain injury and stroke.
• Helps bring a taste of home to our troops in Iraq, Afghanistan, and wherever they are stationed.
• Mentors corporations and businesses to involve employees in helping the troops and also mentors Eagle Scout candidates.
• Bravehearts Therapeutic Riding and Education Center in Harvard.
• Supplies U.S. flags to Operation Welcome You Home, Patriot Guard Riders of Illinois and Warrior Watch.
• Sponsors four private rooms and 10 wheelchairs at Edward J. Hines VA Hospital in Illinois.
• Partners with Salute Inc. to assist military personnel and families demonstrating specific unmet needs.
• Awards six $2,000 scholarships through the Lance Corporal Phillip E. Frank-Fifth Third Bank Memorial Scholarship program.
• Supplies computers, training, and job search assistance to homeless veterans in partnership with the Illinois Department of Employment Securities and its veteran outreach coordinator.
- Share Facebook Twitter
Article sent to (required)E-mail
Article sent from (required)E-mail Name
Subject Line (article title)
Message (optional)Success - Article sent Click to close
Interested in reusing this article?
Custom reprints are a powerful and strategic way to share your article with customers, employees and prospects.
The YGS Group provides digital and printed reprint services for Daily Herald. Complete the form to the right and a reprint consultant will contact you to discuss how you can reuse this article.Need more information about reprints? Visit our Reprints Section for more details.
Contact information ( * required )Name * Company Telephone * E-mail *
Article InformationTitle URL
Message (optional)Success - Reprint request sent Click to close