• Charges are not evidence of guilt. Under law, individuals are presumed innocent until proven guilty.
Contact information ( * required )
• Thieves removed a wallet from an open purse at Panera Bread, 5 W. Rand Road, at 11:02 a.m. Jan. 23. A man pretended to get his arm stuck in the door and asked the victim for assistance, while the second man came up behind her and took the purse, which contained a small amount of cash, ID and credit/debit cards. While the report was being written, a woman attempted to make a purchase at a Walmart in Mount Prospect with one of the cards, but the transaction was denied.
• Burglars entered an unlocked black 2004 Toyota Corolla and removed a Garmin GPS valued at $100 from the center console in an apartment parking lot in the 600 block of South McKinley overnight Jan. 21.
• Thieves removed two Firestone spare tires valued at $875 from recently shipped Nissan NV vans parked in the northwest corner of the rear lot at Arlington Nissan 1100 W. Dundee Road Jan. 18-22.
• Vandals spray painted blue pictures of a dragon, a moose and a mushroom on the brick storage area adjacent to Riley School 1209 E. Burr Oak Drive Jan. 18-22.
• Vandals burned a hole through the playground slide at Dryden Elementary School, 722 S. Dryden Place. The cost to replace the slide is $1,800. The damage was discovered on Jan. 23.
• Vandals pierced the rear window on a green 1999 Honda Accord with an unknown object, causing $500 in damages, in a condominium parking lot in the 2400 block of South Goebbert Road in the early morning of Jan. 22.
• Thieves removed a Galaxy S2 cellphone valued at $400 from the counter at Kid Care Medical, 121 S. New Wilke Road, which is accessible by employees and customers, on the afternoon of Jan. 14.
• Thieves removed an iPhone 5 valued at $800 from the self checkout counter at Arlington Heights Memorial Library, 500 N. Dunton Ave. about 11:30 a.m. Jan. 19.
• Burglars cut the padlock securing an exterior basement door at a residential rental property in the 800 block of South Arthur Avenue, entered the basement and removed the following items: a combination of approximately 12 Porter Cable Finish and Brad nail guns valued at $100 each, a Porter Cable air compressor valued at $100 and a Dremel Tool Kit valued at $100 between noon Jan. 15 and noon Jan. 18.
• Burglars entered an unlocked brown 2010 Honda Pilot LX in a driveway in the 400 block of North Carlyle Place overnight Jan. 16 and removed a cloth book bag containing several text books and lesson plans.
• Burglars shattered the driver-side window on a tan 2009 Toyota Sienna van in a business parking lot at 628 S. Arthur Ave. about 5:30 p.m. Jan. 17 and removed a tan Coach purse valued at $200 from the front seat. The purse contained a black Coach wallet valued at $80, approximately $200 cash, several credit/debit cards, several gift cards, ID and cosmetics.
• Burglars entered an black 2012 Nissan Rogue in a business parking lot at 3343 N. Ridge Ave. between 6:07 a.m. and 2:45 p.m. Jan. 18 with no signs of force and removed an iPod cable valued at $15.
• Burglars entered an unlocked blue 2009 Honda CR-V parked in front of Bright Horizon Day Care, 3523 N. Kennicott, about 6 p.m. Jan. 18 and removed both a red purse and Dell laptop computer valued at $1,500. The purse contained a red leather wallet with several credit/debit cards, house/vehicle keys and a small amount of cash.
• Burglars shattered the passenger-side window on a 2003 Honda Pilot EX in a parking lot at Manor Care, 715 W. Central Road, the evening of Jan. 18 and removed an orange purse from the floor. The purse contained ID, credit/debit cards and cash.