• Charges are not evidence of guilt. Under law, individuals are presumed innocent until proven guilty.
Contact information ( * required )
• Burglars entered a gas station construction site at 2250 South Arlington Heights Road overnight Jan. 14 through an unsecured exterior door and removed a yellow Champion generator valued at $1,200 after cutting the chain securing it. Six wooden spools of Beldon wire for low voltage use valued at $5,000 were taken from an office area.
• Thieves removed a purse from a shopping cart about noon Jan. 16 at Mariano's, 802 E. Northwest Hwy. The purse contained $50, ID, credit/debit cards and a Samsung cellphone. The value of all the items is approximately $300.
• Three males entered the AT&T store, 585 E. Palatine Road, at 3:47 p.m. Jan. 14 separately. While one distracted the employee, another removed a Samsung Galaxy display cellphone valued at $649. and left the building. The other offenders left at the same time. A similar theft occurred about a week earlier. The offenders were described as a black male, 25, 5-foot-7, 170 pounds, wearing a red/black Blackhawks jacket, red/black Blackhawks skull cap and jeans; a black male, 22, 5-foot-7, 185 pounds, wearing a black jacket, black skull cap and jeans; and a black male, 22, 5-foot-8, wearing a Red Sox baseball cap, black jacket and jeans.
• A burglar entered an unlocked tan 1998 Mazda Protege in a condominium parking lot in the 2200 block of South Goebbert Road about 12:30 p.m. Jan. 14 and removed a black bag containing a Toshiba laptop computer valued at $530.
• A burglar entered an unlocked white 2007 Hyundai Santa Fe in a driveway in the 2400 block of Walden Court between 10 p.m. Jan. 15 and 11 a.m. Jan. 16 and removed a Garmin GPS valued at $125.
• A burglar entered an unlocked black 2011 Subaru Forester in a driveway in the 1600 block of East Clayton Court overnight Jan. 15 and searched through the glove box. Nothing appeared to have been removed.
• Vandals damaged a black 2005 Acura TL in an apartment parking lot in the 1000 block of South Fernandez Avenue between 5 and 11 p.m. Jan. 15 by throwing objects at the passenger-side window and door. There were two small dents on the door and some marks on the window.
• Vandals slashed all four tires on the black 1997 Dodge Ram pickup in a condominium parking lot in the 1600 block of North Windsor Road between noon Jan. 11 and 5 p.m. Jan. 14.
• Vandals damaged the trunk area and gas door cover on a blue 1999 Toyota Camry parked in the 500 block of South Fernandez Avenue between midnight and 6 a.m. Jan. 16.