LOS ANGELES -- Lindsay Lohan's attorney has entered a not guilty plea for the actress to three misdemeanor charges filed over a June accident in which her sports car slammed into a dump truck.
Attorney Shawn Holley entered the plea during a brief hearing Tuesday in Los Angeles.
The actress is accused of lying to police, reckless driving and obstructing police from performing their duties.
Police suspect she was driving her sports car when it slammed into the truck while she was on her way to the set of "Liz and Dick" in early June. Lohan told police she wasn't behind the wheel.
Lohan was on probation for a 2011 necklace theft case at the time, and could face up to 245 days in jail if a judge determines she violated her probation.
The accident was not the only problem she encountered while shooting "Liz and Dick," a film based on the love affair between Elizabeth Taylor and Richard Burton. A week after the accident, paramedics were summoned to Lohan's hotel room when she was late to a shoot. Her publicist at the time attributed her absence to fatigue and dehydration.
The film was expected to be a comeback opportunity for Lohan, who spent the past several years struggling with criminal court cases. Her performance, however, was panned by critics and fans.
She also was arrested in New York after an alleged fight with a woman, but a criminal complaint hasn't been drawn up. The district attorney's office there said last week that its inquiry was ongoing.