Breaking News Bar
updated: 1/12/2013 9:25 AM

Cary man accused of assaulting five children

hello
Success - Article sent! close
 
 

A 38-year-old Cary man was arrested on sexual abuse charges Friday for "committing numerous sexual acts" with victims he knew over the course of six months, police said.

Michael S. Reck, of the 0-100 block of Wulff Street, was charged with two counts of predatory criminal sexual assault, seven counts of criminal sexual assault, and two counts of aggravated criminal sexual abuse -- all felonies.

Order Reprint Print Article
 
Interested in reusing this article?
Custom reprints are a powerful and strategic way to share your article with customers, employees and prospects.
The YGS Group provides digital and printed reprint services for Daily Herald. Complete the form to the right and a reprint consultant will contact you to discuss how you can reuse this article.
Need more information about reprints? Visit our Reprints Section for more details.

Contact information ( * required )

Success - request sent close

Police said so far they have identified five victims between the ages of 4 and 14 -- both male and female -- who are known by Reck.

Authorities said they immediately initiated an investigation after learning of the incidents last Sunday.

The investigation is still open, with the possibility additional victims will be identified and more charges levied against Reck, police said.

Reck is in custody at the McHenry County jail on $580,000 bail. He is due in court Saturday morning.

Share this page
Comments ()
Guidelines: Keep it civil and on topic; no profanity, vulgarity, slurs or personal attacks. People who harass others or joke about tragedies will be blocked. If a comment violates these standards or our terms of service, click the X in the upper right corner of the comment box. To find our more, read our FAQ.
    help here