Water damage displaces two Naperville families
A single water sprinkler struck out a fire before it could spread throughout a Naperville apartment complex Monday afternoon, but water damage ultimately left two families displaced.
The Naperville Fire Department responded to the call at 4:05 p.m. on the 1500 block of Watkins Lane.
Firefighters found a gas water heater had sparked a small fire in a utility closet in one unit of the 12-unit building.
A sprinkler system did its job by extinguishing the fire, said Naperville Capt. Tom Oker.
"They run until you get there and shut them off. You don't shut them off until you know the fire is out," Oker said.
Water from the sprinkler flooded the unit where the fire was started, as well as the unit below. Both were deemed uninhabitable.
- Share Facebook Twitter
Article sent to (required)E-mail
Article sent from (required)E-mail Name
Subject Line (article title)
Message (optional)Success - Article sent Click to close
Interested in reusing this article?
Custom reprints are a powerful and strategic way to share your article with customers, employees and prospects.
The YGS Group provides digital and printed reprint services for Daily Herald. Complete the form to the right and a reprint consultant will contact you to discuss how you can reuse this article.Need more information about reprints? Visit our Reprints Section for more details.
Contact information ( * required )Name * Company Telephone * E-mail *
Article InformationTitle URL
Message (optional)Success - Reprint request sent Click to close