Breaking News Bar
posted: 12/29/2012 5:00 AM

Work for patch in Alternative Minimum Tax

Success - Article sent! close

I encourage all retirees and nonretirees who will possibly have the AMT (Alternative Minimum Tax) increase your tax burden for 2012 to write to your federal officials.

Find and write your federal officials by searching "Write 'Federal Officials'" in Google to email your letters.

Order Reprint Print Article
Interested in reusing this article?
Custom reprints are a powerful and strategic way to share your article with customers, employees and prospects.
The YGS Group provides digital and printed reprint services for Daily Herald. Complete the form to the right and a reprint consultant will contact you to discuss how you can reuse this article.
Need more information about reprints? Visit our Reprints Section for more details.

Contact information ( * required )

Success - request sent close

The letter I wrote is as follows:

Please pass an Alternative Minimum Tax patch now and help the economy. As a retiree, much of our income has been affected negatively by numerous government programs. We have not enjoyed the tax breaks that employed individuals have had nor can we earn income on safe investments.

As many retirees are fortunately positioned to help their family by lending money or paying for some or all of grandchildren's education, we would be unable to continue this assistance without the AMT patch.

By passing an Alternative Minimum Tax patch, at least for retirees, it would allows us to continue to help our families, which would benefit the economy.

Patricia Pedersen


Share this page
Comments ()
Guidelines: Keep it civil and on topic; no profanity, vulgarity, slurs or personal attacks. People who harass others or joke about tragedies will be blocked. If a comment violates these standards or our terms of service, click the X in the upper right corner of the comment box. To find our more, read our FAQ.