• William E. Richardson, 22, of the 2000 block of Berkshire Circle in Carpentersville, was arrested before 9 p.m. Wednesday in the 800 block of Liberty Street and charged with obstructing identification, police reports said. Police checked the license plate of the car Richardson was driving and found its registered owner had a revoked driver's license. Williamson gave an alias to police, later admitting his real name, the report said.
• A laptop computer and a wallet were taken from a home on Purdue Lane sometime between midnight and 6 a.m. Dec. 19. There were no signs of forced entry.
• A TV, a cellphone and a Nintendo Wii game system were taken sometime between 9:30 a.m. and 4 p.m. Dec. 19 from a home on the 100 block of Hill Avenue. The front door window was found broken.
• Two plasma TVs were taken sometime between 6 and 10:30 p.m. Dec. 20 from a home on the 700 block of Hiawatha Court. A basement window was found broken.
• A cast-aluminum mailbox and its wood post were stolen between 2 and 5 p.m. Dec. 19 on the 900 block of Dunstan Road.
• Carmen K. Lee, 38, of the 1000 block of Lincoln Avenue in St. Charles, was charged with possession of drug paraphernalia and possession of marijuana, at 2:12 a.m. Dec. 19 on the 800 block of North Bennett Street (Route 25), according to police. She also was charged with driving under the influence of alcohol and improper lane use.
• Someone stole 11 pairs of shoes and boots between 6:04 and 6:15 p.m. Dec. 19 from the DSW store, 702 Commons Drive.
• Five compact discs, a pair of sunglasses and $10 in change were stolen out of an unlocked vehicle between midnight and 8 a.m. Dec. 22 on the 500 block of South Street.
• A 12-foot-tall inflated snowman was stolen between 10 p.m. Dec. 20 and 6 a.m. Dec. 21 on the 700 block of Meadows Road.
• A rear license plate was stolen between 4 p.m. Dec. 17 and 8:30 a.m. Dec. 18 off a vehicle on the 100 block of Syril Drive.
• Five classical-music compact discs were stolen out of an unlocked vehicle in an unlocked garage between midnight and 8 a.m. Dec. 22 on the 500 block of South Street.
• A riding mower, trailer, power washer and fishing equipment, with an estimated value of $11,970, were stolen between 6 p.m. Dec. 19 and 2:27 p.m. Dec. 20 from a building on the 45W200 block of Dietrich Road near Hampshire,
• About $10,000 in copper was stolen from two celltower shelters on the 37W400 block of Huntley Road near West Dundee between 1:45 p.m. and 3:24 p.m. Friday.
• Someone stole $10 in loose change from an SUV on the 11N900 block of Hoxie Avenue near Elgin between 12:01 a.m. and 5:22 p.m. Friday.
• Julie R. Lawerence, 21, of the 800 block of Kate Street, Elgin, was charged with possession of marijuana at 12:54 a.m. Saturday on the 200 block of South Randall Road near South Elgin, according to sheriff reports. A deputy was investigating a hit and run and asked for identification of a woman named Tonya A. Williams, 23, of the 800 block of Congdon Avenue, Elgin, who was in a parked car in a gas station lot, reports said. Williams was arrested on an outstanding warrant, when authorities saw a bag of marijuana in the car. A search turned up 14 smaller bags and an admission from Lawerence that the drugs belonged to her, reports said.