• Celebrity chef Rachael Ray discusses her new cookbook, "My Year in Meals," at 6 p.m. Friday, Dec. 14, at Naperville North High School, 899 N. Mill St., Naperville. The event is sponsored by Anderson's Bookshop at 123 W. Jefferson Ave., Naperville. Purchase a copy of Ray's new cookbook at Anderson's to receive a pre-signed book and admission to Ray's program and her question-and-answer session with the audience. For information, call Anderson's at (630) 355-2665, or visit andersonsbookshop.com.
• Meet local author Paul Bryan Roach as he discusses and signs copies of his novel "The End" at 7 p.m. Friday, Dec. 14, at Centuries and Sleuths Bookstore, 7419 W. Madison St., Forest Park. (708) 771-7243 or centuriesandsleuths.com.
• Meet Chicago landscape artist and author Dan Weinbach as he discusses and signs copies of his book, "Trees 4 Seasons: A Visual Guide," at 2 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 15, at The Book Stall at Chestnut Court, 811 Elm St., Winnetka. (847) 446-8880 or thebookstall.com.
• "Target Lancer" author Max Allan Collins signs copies of his novel at 1 p.m. Sunday, Dec. 16, at Centuries and Sleuths Bookstore, 7419 W. Madison St., Forest Park. (708) 771-7243 or centuriesandsleuths.com.
• Author Randy L. Schmidt reads from and discusses his new book, "Yesterday Once More: The Carpenters Reader," a book looking at the 1970s superstar brother-and-sister recording artists Richard and Karen Carpenter, at 6 p.m. Sunday, Dec. 16, at the Metropolis Performing Arts Centre, 111 W. Campbell St., Arlington Heights. Schmidt will also discuss his best-selling 2010 biography of Karen Carpenter, "Little Girl Blue: The Life of Karen Carpenter." The evening will include a performance by Close to You: The Music of the Carpenters. Event is open to the public. Admission is $10 ($5 can be applied to a book purchase). Tickets will be available at the door. (847) 577-2121 or metropolisarts.com.
— Laura Stewart
- Share Facebook Twitter
Article sent to (required)E-mail
Article sent from (required)E-mail Name
Subject Line (article title)
Message (optional)Success - Article sent Click to close
Interested in reusing this article?
Custom reprints are a powerful and strategic way to share your article with customers, employees and prospects.
The YGS Group provides digital and printed reprint services for Daily Herald. Complete the form to the right and a reprint consultant will contact you to discuss how you can reuse this article.Need more information about reprints? Visit our Reprints Section for more details.
Contact information ( * required )Name * Company Telephone * E-mail *
Article InformationTitle URL
Message (optional)Success - Reprint request sent Click to close