Daily Herald - Suburban Chicago's source for news This copy is for personal, non-commercial use. To order presentation-ready copies for distribution you can: 1) Use the "Reprint" button found on the top and bottom of every article, 2) Visit reprints.theygsgroup.com/dailyherald.asp for samples and additional information or 3) Order a reprint of this article now.
Article posted: 12/10/2012 11:15 AM

Four injured in carbon monoxide leak near Mundelein Sunday

By Lee Filas

Four people were injured following a carbon monoxide leak near Mundelein, authorities said Monday.

Officials from the Countryside Fire Protection District said a resident from the 19000 block of Hoag Court contacted the fire district about 11 a.m. Sunday complaining of carbon monoxide sickness.

Firefighters from Countryside and the Mundelein Fire Department went to the scene and treated the four occupants, then transported them with nonlife threatening injuries to Advocate Condell Medical Center in Libertyville.

A carbon monoxide leak was discovered in the furnace, authorities said. The home was further evaluated by the North Shore Gas Company.

Officials warn that carbon monoxide is a colorless and odorless gas often found as a result of faulty appliances that utilize natural gas. People are urged to install and regularly check carbon monoxide detectors.

Copyright © 2014 Paddock Publications, Inc. All rights reserved.