• Local author Robert Goldsborough signs copies of his book "Archie Meets Nero Wolfe: A Prequel to Rex Stout's Nero Wolfe Mysteries," at 1 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 1, at The Bookstore, 475 N. Main St., Glen Ellyn. (630) 469-2891 or justthebookstore.com.
• "Sacrificial Offerings" author Michael A. Black discusses and signs copies of his book at 2 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 1, at Centuries and Sleuths Bookstore, 7419 W. Madison St., Forest Park. (708) 771-7243 or centuriesandsleuths.com.
Contact information ( * required )
• "Perfidy" author M.E. May discusses and signs copies of her book at 1 p.m. Sunday, Dec. 2, at Centuries and Sleuths Bookstore, 7419 W. Madison St., Forest Park. (708) 771-7243 or centuriesandsleuths.com.
• Author Brandon Mull reads from and signs copies of his new book for middle-grade readers, "The Arcade Catastrophe," at 7 p.m. Monday, Dec. 3, at Anderson's Bookshop, 123 W. Jefferson Ave., Naperville. The book is the sequel to Mull's book "The Candy Shop." (630) 355-2665 or andersonsbookshop.com.
• Three authors will read excerpts from their novels at the monthly Lady Jane's Salon reading series at 7 p.m. Tuesday, Dec. 4, at Le Chocolat du Bouchard, second floor, 129 S. Washington St., Naperville. Jennifer Ann Coffeen reads from her book "Priceless Deception." Paul Calhoun reads from "Love Letters," and Beth Kery reads from "Exposed to You." Event admission is $5 or a gently used paperback romance novel. There is an optional $5 fee for wine and chocolate sampling at the event. All admission proceeds go to support the not-for-profit Celebrate Differences organization. To RSVP for the event, visit ladyjanessalonnaperville.com.
• Authors Steve McDonagh and Dan Smith read from and sign copies of their new recipe book, "The New Old Bar," at 7 p.m. Wednesday, Dec. 5, at Anderson's Bookshop, 123 W. Jefferson Ave., Naperville. (630) 355-2665 or andersonsbookshop.com.
• Pulitzer Prize-winning author Jon Meacham presents his new book, "Thomas Jefferson: The Art of Power," in an Anderson's Bookshop author event at 7 p.m. Thursday, Dec. 6, at Wentz Concert Hall and Fine Arts Center at North Central College, 171 E. Chicago Ave., Naperville. The purchase of Meacham's book from Anderson's Bookshop, at 123 W. Jefferson Ave., Naperville, admits two guests to the event. For information, call (630) 355-2665 or visit andersonsbookshop.com.