Fire causes little damage at Glen Ellyn pizzeria
A small kitchen fire at a well-known downtown Glen Ellyn pizzeria was extinguished by the restaurant's sprinkler system early Wednesday, authorities said.
Fire crews were dispatched to Barone's of Glen Ellyn, 475 Pennsylvania Ave., about 4:40 a.m. for reports of a sprinkler activation, according to Lt. Craig Eldridge of the Glen Ellyn Volunteer Fire Company.
Firefighters discovered a fire in the kitchen had activated the sprinkler system, which successfully put out the fire.
A restaurant manager said some rags caught on fire. Damage to the restaurant was minimal and it was open for business as normal Wednesday evening.
Earlier in the day, fire company personnel and Barone's staff worked to remove as much water as possible, Eldridge said.
No injuries were reported.
- Share Facebook Twitter
Article sent to (required)E-mail
Article sent from (required)E-mail Name
Subject Line (article title)
Message (optional)Success - Article sent Click to close
Interested in reusing this article?
Custom reprints are a powerful and strategic way to share your article with customers, employees and prospects.
The YGS Group provides digital and printed reprint services for Daily Herald. Complete the form to the right and a reprint consultant will contact you to discuss how you can reuse this article.Need more information about reprints? Visit our Reprints Section for more details.
Contact information ( * required )Name * Company Telephone * E-mail *
Article InformationTitle URL
Message (optional)Success - Reprint request sent Click to close