I just finished reading the front page article regarding the death of Emily Jackson after taking a single OxyContin pain pill back in 2006. Although this is a very tragic story, I have one concern. The article states that Emily’s father “was blindsided by her death and struggles to understand how one prescribed pill from a medicine cabinet could have ended her life.” However, the caption under the picture states that “Emily died in 2006 after taking a single OxyContin pill that was in a relative’s medicine cabinet.” Her tragic death serves as a reminder never to take someone else’s prescription medicine.
Sharon S. Wille
SchaumburgCopyright © 2013 Paddock Publications, Inc. All rights reserved.