Berlin Packaging wins award for bottle redesign
Chicago-based Berlin Packaging received a bronze medal in the 2012 Beverage World Global Packaging Design Awards, honoring Berlin's imaginative redesign of the signature brand package for The Limu Company, a top manufacturer of liquid nutritional supplements.
Limu Original, The Limu Company's flagship product, is a marketing phenomenon sold in 19 countries. While recognized around the world, the Limu Original heavy glass bottle was expensive to ship and prone to breakage. An update was needed to reinvigorate the brand and solve multiple performance issues.
Berlin Packaging's Studio One Eleven division created a new package, which includes:
• An eco-friendly, BPA-free P.E.T. plastic container that significantly lowers shipping costs and virtually eliminates breakage while still communicating premium quality.
• A slimming, taller silhouette that speaks to the product story.
• A structural grip feature framing the new vertical logo and graphics.
• A new tamper-evident closure that replaces the existing metal cap.
• A two-color black and silver shrink neck band located below the closure that maintains brand identity even after opening.
• A modern reinterpretation of the brand's iconic "harvest man" logo on the package front.
"Our goal with every design assignment is to define and raise the brand experience while accomplishing maximum package performance. We're pleased that the Global Packaging Design judges were as excited about our Limu Original package design as we are," said Andrew T. Berlin, chairman and CEO of Berlin Packaging. "Scott Jost and the Studio One Eleven team did amazing work on this iconic product."
Beverage World's Global Packaging Design Awards is an international competition honoring the best in beverage packaging design from around the world. Winning entries must demonstrate exceptional creativity and quality over a variety of elements including graphic design and structural innovation.
- Share Facebook Twitter
Article sent to (required)E-mail
Article sent from (required)E-mail Name
Subject Line (article title)
Message (optional)Success - Article sent Click to close
Interested in reusing this article?
Custom reprints are a powerful and strategic way to share your article with customers, employees and prospects.
The YGS Group provides digital and printed reprint services for Daily Herald. Complete the form to the right and a reprint consultant will contact you to discuss how you can reuse this article.Need more information about reprints? Visit our Reprints Section for more details.
Contact information ( * required )Name * Company Telephone * E-mail *
Article InformationTitle URL
Message (optional)Success - Reprint request sent Click to close