An overheated heater caught fire Saturday at a massive Glendale Heights factory, but it was quickly extinguished before any serious damage was caused, authorities said.
Glenside Fire Protection District officials said firefighters from several area departments responded to the 2:30 p.m. blaze at Titan Metals, 180 W. Lake Drive, because of the size of the building. The only damage was to the heater itself, fire officials said. They did not have an estimate on the cost of the damage.
About 40 firefighters from Glenside, Carol Stream, Bloomingdale, Bartlett, Addison, Hanover Park and Wheaton responded to the call.
No injuries were reported and personnel cleared the scene about an hour after the alarm was sounded, officials said.Copyright © 2013 Paddock Publications, Inc. All rights reserved.