Breaking News Bar
posted: 10/24/2012 12:04 PM

Wis. court upholds conviction in 1999 shootout

hello
Success - Article sent! close
 
Associated Press

MADISON, Wis. -- A state appeals court says a man accused of opening fire on Forest County Sheriff's deputies in 1999 was properly convicted.

A judge sentenced Robert Jacobsen in 2001 to 36 years in prison. Jacobsen, now 31, has mounted a number of unsuccessful appeals since then. He raised multiple issues in his latest attempt, including contentions that prosecutors didn't have enough evidence to convict him and they failed to correct false testimony implicating him.

Order Reprint Print Article
 
Interested in reusing this article?
Custom reprints are a powerful and strategic way to share your article with customers, employees and prospects.
The YGS Group provides digital and printed reprint services for Daily Herald. Complete the form to the right and a reprint consultant will contact you to discuss how you can reuse this article.
Need more information about reprints? Visit our Reprints Section for more details.

Contact information ( * required )

Success - request sent close

The 3rd District Court of Appeals rejected all his arguments Wednesday. The court said Jacobsen should have raised his evidence issues years ago and his trial attorney decided to attack the testimony during cross-examination.

Jacobsen's appellate attorney, Robert Henak, says he's disappointed and may ask the state Supreme Court to take the case.

Share this page
Comments ()
Guidelines: Keep it civil and on topic; no profanity, vulgarity, slurs or personal attacks. People who harass others or joke about tragedies will be blocked. If a comment violates these standards or our terms of service, click the X in the upper right corner of the comment box. To find our more, read our FAQ.
    help here