Book notes: Meet Uggie from 'The Artist'
- Photos (1)
Uggie and his trainer, Omar Von Muller, present the new book "Uggie, My Story" in Elgin Sunday and in Naperville Monday.
Associated Press file photo
• Author Matthew Cody, winner of the 2012 Rebecca Caudill Young Readers Award, reads from and signs copies of his new novel, "Super," at 4:30 p.m. Friday, Oct. 19, at The Book Stall at Chestnut Court, 811 Elm St., Winnetka. "Super" is the sequel to Cody's award-winning novel, "Powerless." (847) 446-8880 or thebookstall.com.
• New York Times and internationally best-selling author Kate Morton reads from and signs copies of her book "The Secret Keeper" at 2 p.m. Sunday, Oct. 21, at Anderson's Bookshop, 123 W. Jefferson Ave., Naperville. (630) 355-2665 or andersonsbookshop.com.
• Author Aaron Reynolds and illustrator Peter Brown read from and sign copies of their new picture book, "Creepy Carrots," at 7 p.m. Monday, Oct. 22, at Anderson's Bookshop, 5112 Main St., Downers Grove. (630) 963-2665 or andersonsbookshop.com.
• "The Truth About Style" author Stacy London reads from and signs copies of her book at an author event at 7 p.m. Monday, Oct. 22, at Wentz Concert Hall and Fine Arts Center at North Central College, 171 E. Chicago Ave., Naperville. The event is sponsored by Anderson's Bookshop in Naperville. One admission ticket comes with the purchase of the new book from Anderson's, at 123 W. Jefferson Ave., Naperville. (630) 355-2665 or andersonsbookshop.com.
• Uggie, the Jack Russell Terrier featured in the Academy Award-winning film "The Artist," and his trainer, Omar Von Muller, will sign copies of the new book "Uggie, My Story" at 1 p.m. Sunday, Oct. 21, at Sam's Club, 1000 S. Randall Road, Elgin. The pair will also meet with fans and pose for photos. For information, call (630) 503-2142. Uggie and Von Muller will also be on hand to read from and sign copies of the book at 7 p.m. Monday, Oct. 22, at Anderson's Bookshop, 123 W. Jefferson Ave., Naperville. Call (630) 355-2665 or visit andersonsbookshop.com.
• "The Peculiar" author Stefan Bachmann reads from and signs copies of his new middle reader fantasy book at 7 p.m. Thursday, Oct. 23, at Anderson's Two Doors East, 111 W. Jefferson Ave., Naperville. (630) 355-2665 or andersonsbookshop.com.
• "The Lighthouse Road" author Peter Geye reads from and signs copies of his new book at 7 p.m. Tuesday, Oct. 23, at Anderson's Bookshop, 123 W. Jefferson Ave., Naperville. (630) 355-2665 or andersonsbookshop.com.
• New York Times best-selling author Mary Lou Quinlan performs her one-woman show, "The God Box," based on her book of the same title, on Wednesday, Oct. 24, at the Gorton Community Center, 400 E. Illinois Road, Lake Forest. The evening also includes a wine tasting and a book reception for "The God Box." Events begin at 6:30 p.m. Proceeds from the event will assist Bcureful, a not-for-profit organization that helps raise public awareness of Tuberous Sclerosis Complex disease. Visit thegodbox.eventbrite.com or gortoncenter.org.
- Share Facebook Twitter
Article sent to (required)E-mail
Article sent from (required)E-mail Name
Subject Line (article title)
Message (optional)Success - Article sent Click to close
Interested in reusing this article?
Custom reprints are a powerful and strategic way to share your article with customers, employees and prospects.
The YGS Group provides digital and printed reprint services for Daily Herald. Complete the form to the right and a reprint consultant will contact you to discuss how you can reuse this article.Need more information about reprints? Visit our Reprints Section for more details.
Contact information ( * required )Name * Company Telephone * E-mail *
Article InformationTitle URL
Message (optional)Success - Reprint request sent Click to close