Emphasizing musical revues and comedies, Fox Valley Repertory announced Monday its 2013 season in residence at the Pheasant Run Resort, 4051 E. Main St., St. Charles.
The featured lineup is:
Contact information ( * required )
• "The Art of Murder," Jan. 24 to March 17, 2013: A comic mystery by Joe DiPietro ("I Love You, You're Perfect, Now Change," "Memphis") which features a murder plot involving an artist, his wife, an odd housekeeper and an insanely flamboyant art dealer.
• "Forever Plaid," March 28 to May 19, 2013: Stuart Ross' hit 1990 off-Broadway musical revue that features four heavenly harmonizers from the 1950s who come back to life to do a show that taps into a generation's nostalgia with songs like "Catch a Falling Star," "Three Coins in the Fountain" and more.
• "Why Do Fools Fall in Love?" June 6 to July 28, 2013: A 1960s musical revue by Roger Bean ("The Marvelous Wonderettes," "Route 66") that follows four friends questioning notions of love, marriage and more singing hit songs like "I Will Follow Him" and "You Don't Have to Say You Love Me."
• "Let's Misbehave," Aug. 29 to Oct. 20, 2013: A musical revue conceived by Karin Bowersock and Patrick Young centered around the great 20th century American composer/lyricist Cole Porter ("Anything Goes," "Kiss Me, Kate").
• "Making God Laugh," Nov. 7 to Dec. 29, 2013: A holiday family comedy by Sean Grennan that focuses on two empty-nesters as they welcome home their three grown kids -- a priest, an aspiring actress and a former star athlete -- for the holidays.
Season subscriptions start at $80 for five show-only tickets, while discounted dinner-show subscriptions are also available.
Full-priced single tickets for each production will go on sale at a later date. For details, call (630) 584-6342 or visit foxvalleyrep.org.