Breaking News Bar
updated: 10/11/2012 3:20 PM

Lacquer fumes ignite, contractor injured in Libertyville basement fire

hello
Success - Article sent! close
 
 

A construction worker was injured when a fire sparked in the basement of a Libertyville home where he was working, authorities said.

Firefighters were summoned to the 700 block of E. Rockland Road in Libertyville at 5:14 p.m. Tuesday for the fire, Libertyville Deputy Fire Chief Ken Komers said.

Order Reprint Print Article
 
Interested in reusing this article?
Custom reprints are a powerful and strategic way to share your article with customers, employees and prospects.
The YGS Group provides digital and printed reprint services for Daily Herald. Complete the form to the right and a reprint consultant will contact you to discuss how you can reuse this article.
Need more information about reprints? Visit our Reprints Section for more details.

Contact information ( * required )

Success - request sent close

A contractor was using lacquer to seal the concrete floor when vapors reached an ignition source and the fumes ignited, Komers said.

The fire was quickly extinguished, but not before the contractor who was working on the project suffered minor burns and smoke inhalation, he said.

The contractor was taken to Advocate Condell Medical Center in Libertyville, Komers said, for treatment of minor, nonlife threatening injuries.

The flames were put out quickly and homeowners were allowed to return home by 8 p.m., Komers said. Firefighters from Mundelein, Countryside and Knollwood assisted the Libertyville Fire Department at the scene.

Share this page
Comments ()
Guidelines: Keep it civil and on topic; no profanity, vulgarity, slurs or personal attacks. People who harass others or joke about tragedies will be blocked. If a comment violates these standards or our terms of service, click the X in the upper right corner of the comment box. To find our more, read our FAQ.
    help here