• Stroke is the fourth-leading cause of death in the U.S., killing more than 133,000 people each year.
• An estimated 7 million stroke survivors over age 20 live in the U.S.
Contact information ( * required )
• Approximately 795,000 strokes will occur this year.
• Approximately 55,000 more women than men have a stroke each year.
• Women are twice as likely to die from stroke than breast cancer.
• Stroke risk factors include: being 55 or older; being male; having diabetes; being black; having a family history of stroke; having high blood pressure, high cholesterol or heart disease.
• Quit smoking and reduce alcohol consumption to reduce your risk of stroke.
Source: National Stroke Association