Breaking News Bar
updated: 10/3/2012 7:06 AM

Food booth at Evansville festival catches fire

hello
Success - Article sent! close
 
Associated Press

EVANSVILLE, Ind. -- A food booth caught fire during a large street festival in Evansville when a worker believes its griddle got too hot.

No one was hurt in the fire Monday evening during the 91st Annual West Side Nut Club Fall Festival. Harwood Booster Club booth worker Chris Angle says it appears the griddle overheated a wall to start the fire.

Order Reprint Print Article
 
Interested in reusing this article?
Custom reprints are a powerful and strategic way to share your article with customers, employees and prospects.
The YGS Group provides digital and printed reprint services for Daily Herald. Complete the form to the right and a reprint consultant will contact you to discuss how you can reuse this article.
Need more information about reprints? Visit our Reprints Section for more details.

Contact information ( * required )

Success - request sent close

Angle tells the Evansville Courier & Press that the booth would be removed from the festival area because of the damage and not return for this week's activities.

Angle says the fire was out by the time firefighters arrived but that they tore the wall open because it was smoldering inside.

The Nut Club festival boasts some 125 food booths for its weeklong event that runs through Saturday.

Share this page
Comments ()
Guidelines: Keep it civil and on topic; no profanity, vulgarity, slurs or personal attacks. People who harass others or joke about tragedies will be blocked. If a comment violates these standards or our terms of service, click the X in the upper right corner of the comment box. To find our more, read our FAQ.
    help here