Breaking News Bar
updated: 10/2/2012 10:12 PM

Fire damages Naperville garage, but no one injured

hello
Success - Article sent! close
 
 

A fire inside an attached Naperville garage caused about $45,000 in damage to the structure and a vehicle inside late Tuesday afternoon.

A resident of a two-story home on the 1100 block of Marshall Court called 911 reporting that the house was on fire at 4:13 p.m.

Order Reprint Print Article
 
Interested in reusing this article?
Custom reprints are a powerful and strategic way to share your article with customers, employees and prospects.
The YGS Group provides digital and printed reprint services for Daily Herald. Complete the form to the right and a reprint consultant will contact you to discuss how you can reuse this article.
Need more information about reprints? Visit our Reprints Section for more details.

Contact information ( * required )

Success - request sent close

The fire crews on the scene found smoke and flames pouring out of the attached two-car garage. All the residents were safe outside the home.

Firefighters extinguished the blaze within five minutes and contained it to the garage and the vehicle.

Officials said the cause of the fire was discarded painted materials and was accidental.

Naperville police and the Bolingbrook fire department assisted at the scene.

The house remains habitable, and there were no reported injuries.

Share this page
Comments ()
Guidelines: Keep it civil and on topic; no profanity, vulgarity, slurs or personal attacks. People who harass others or joke about tragedies will be blocked. If a comment violates these standards or our terms of service, click the X in the upper right corner of the comment box. To find our more, read our FAQ.