Breaking News Bar
updated: 9/28/2012 10:02 AM

Palace won't complain over naked Harry photos

hello
Success - Article sent! close
 

$PHOTOCREDIT_ON$Associated Press$PHOTOCREDIT_OFF$

LONDON -- Royal officials say they won't complain to Britain's press watchdog about naked pictures of Prince Harry partying in Las Vegas that appeared in a British tabloid.

Order Reprint Print Article
 
Interested in reusing this article?
Custom reprints are a powerful and strategic way to share your article with customers, employees and prospects.
The YGS Group provides digital and printed reprint services for Daily Herald. Complete the form to the right and a reprint consultant will contact you to discuss how you can reuse this article.
Need more information about reprints? Visit our Reprints Section for more details.

Contact information ( * required )

Success - request sent close

The Sun newspaper ran the snapshots last month after they had appeared online and were reproduced around the world.

Harry's St. James's Palace office said Friday it had decided not to pursue a complaint with the Press Complaints Commission.

The palace said a complaint would be a distraction from Harry's deployment in Afghanistan, where he is serving as a helicopter pilot, and it "would not be prudent to pursue the matter further."

The decision stands in contrast to the lawsuit and criminal complaint the palace has filed in France against a magazine that ran topless pictures of Prince William's wife, Kate.

Share this page
Comments ()
Guidelines: Keep it civil and on topic; no profanity, vulgarity, slurs or personal attacks. People who harass others or joke about tragedies will be blocked. If a comment violates these standards or our terms of service, click the X in the upper right corner of the comment box. To find our more, read our FAQ.
    help here