• Charges are not evidence of guilt. Under law, individuals are presumed innocent until proven guilty.
Contact information ( * required )
• Pavandeep S. Dhillon, 25, of the 300 block of Honey Locus, Wheeling, was arrested around 5:05 a.m. Aug. 12 at Thomas Avenue and Arlington Heights Road after officers found him passed out in his car partially stopped in the intersection. He was charged with felony driving under the influence while license revoked, felony driving on a revoked driver's license, felony operating an uninsured motor vehicle while driving under the influence, illegal transportation of open liquor, and traffic violations. He also was arrested on charges of two warrants: a failure to appear out of Glenview and an aggravated DUI on a revoked license from the Cook County Sheriff's Office. His court date is Aug. 28
• Burglars broke two locks on a 2001 United Express trailer belonging to contractors working at a home on the 800 block of South Beverly Lane between 6:45 p.m. Aug. 9 and 6:55 a.m. Aug. 10 and used a cutting torch to cut a cable locking tools together. They stole saws and a compressor valued at $10,000. A witness saw two men wipe mud off their shoes and leave in a blue van.
• Burglars entered four unlocked detached garages between Aug. 7 and 10. Burglars stole coins and keys out of an unlocked 2006 Toyota Camry in a garage on the 1000 block of South Douglas Avenue; a miter saw valued at $20, two cordless drills valued at $300, and two cable routers out of a garage on the 1200 block of South Belmont; a saw valued at $200 in a red metal carrying case out of one garage and a gas-powered generator valued at $400 out of a second garage on the 1200 block of Haddow.
• Two teenage boys were videotaped stealing two bottles of vodka valued at $54 from Mariano's, 802 E. Northwest Hwy., around 9 p.m. Aug. 11 and leaving in a white vehicle. One of the offenders matched a person seen taking two bottles of vodka from the store July 31 based on his backpack and Derek Rose Bulls jersey. That time, he left on a bicycle.
• Vandals smashed the rear driver's-side window on a 2008 Hummer H3 in a fitness center lot, 960 W. Dundee Road, between 5:10 and 6:10 a.m. Aug. 9.
• Vandals shattered the outer rear driver's-side double-pane window and cracked the inner pane on a 2001 bus in the rear store lot at 600 E. Rand Road, between 7 p. m. Aug. 8 and 9:30 a.m. Aug. 10.
• Vandals used blue, white and black paint to spray graffiti on the water reservoir and silver paint on a fire department training building in Nickol Knoll Park, 3704 N. Kennicott Ave., between 3:30 p.m. Aug. 9 and 8 a.m. Aug. 11.
• Two males damaged a mailbox on the 600 block of East Charles around 2:40 a.m. Aug. 12. The victim heard noises and saw the offenders walk away. According to reports, offenders damaged two additional mailboxes on the same block.
• Vandals dropped two mailboxes in the backyard at a home on the 2400 block of North Evergreen between 7 p.m. Aug. 11 and 7:30 a.m. Aug. 12. The mailboxes belonged at a home on the 2300 block of North Arlington Heights Road and at a home on the 500 block of East Sunset. There was no damage and the mailboxes were reattached.
• Vandals damaged a backyard fence at a home on the 1100 block of East Vargo Lane between 11:30 p.m. Aug. 11 and 7:30 a.m. Aug. 12 adjacent to ComEd power lines. Damage was estimated at $200.
• Burglars stole an aftermarket CD player and hand tools valued at $200 out of an unlocked 1995 Honda Civic in an apartment lot on the 2100 block of South Tonne Road between 9 p.m. Aug. 9 and 7:15 a.m. Aug. 10.
• Burglars broke into two 2000 Chevrolet Express vans at JMB Electric, 78 W. Seegers Road, between 5 p.m. Aug. 6 and noon Aug. 10 and stole a portable generator and 90-degree drill out of one of the vans. Value was estimated at $1,400.
• Burglars stole keys, social security cards, driver's license, and several credit cards out of an unlocked Ford Super Duty work truck on the 1200 block of South Douglas between midnight and 5 a.m. Aug. 10. Offenders used two cards, among other items charging $215 in products at a CVS pharmacy.
• Burglars stole a GPS unit and engine code reader out of an unlocked 1996 Toyota Corolla in a driveway on the 1000 block of South Haddow Avenue between 8:30 p.m. Aug. 9 and 7 a.m. Aug. 10. Value was estimated at $420.
• Two teenage boys stole two bicycles out of an open garage on the 700 block of McKinley Avenue around 5:45 p.m. Aug. 9. A witness saw them get on the bikes; one fell off and ran away. A third teen ran away without taking a bike. Value was estimated at $300.
• Thieves stole a wallet at Harmony Park, 1 S. Vail, around 1:30 p.m. Aug. 11. from a woman who left it on the sidewalk while she helped break down tents after the Taste of Arlington Heights.
• Thieves stole a wallet valued at $150 out of a purse hanging on a chair at Portillo's, 806 W. Dundee Road, around 1:30 p.m. Aug. 11 and used credit cards in the wallet to make two purchases at a Target; value was estimated at $1,800. They attempted but failed to use a credit card at a Wal-Mart in Palatine.