• Charges are not evidence of guilt. Under law, individuals are presumed innocent until proven guilty.
• Burglars broke into a 2005 Chevrolet Express van in a condominium lot on the 1100 block of East Algonquin Road between 7 p.m. Aug. 3 and 7 a.m. Aug. 4 and stole drills, nail guns, and two canvas bags with tools. Value was estimated at $2,000.
• Vandals cut two holes on the east side fence at Miner School and District 26 maintenance facility, 1101 E Miner St., between 3 p.m. Aug. 2 and 7 a.m. Aug. 3. Damage was estimated at $500.
• Vandals set off fireworks inside a mailbox on the 1400 block of South Highland Avenue around 10:55 p.m. Aug. 3. The victim saw a flash and heard the explosion. Damage was estimated at $50.
• Vandals snapped a small ginkgo tree in half next to the baseball field on the west side of Heritage Park, 506 W. Victoria Lane, between 9 a.m. Aug. 3 and 7:44 a.m. Aug. 4. Damage was estimated at $400.
• Vandals used black and green paint to spray a 5-foot by 3-foot snake-like graffiti on the west side brick wall at a camera repair shop in Arlington Plaza, 278 W. Rand Road, between 6 p.m. Aug. 2 and 9 a.m. Aug. 3.
• A man stole two bottles of vodka valued at $54 from Mariano's Fresh Market, 802 E. Northwest Hwy., around 2:50 p.m. July 31 after hiding them in his backpack. He was described as a young man, thin build, short hair, and wearing a black Chicago Bulls Derek Rose jersey, black shorts and shoes and carrying the black backpack. He rode away on a bicycle.
• Vandals shattered the rear driver's-side window on a 2009 Mercedes-Benz and put a scratch on the entire length of the passenger's side of a 2008 Hyundai Sonata between noon and 7 p.m. Aug. 4 in an off-track-betting restaurant lot at 2200 W. Euclid Ave.
• Two male teens were seen climbing to a second-floor balcony on an apartment building in the 2100 block of South Tonne Drive at 12:30 a.m. Aug. 4 and removing a silver Fit BMX style bicycle with one purple wheel and one black wheel. The bicycle is valued at $150.