Coming up today
• Evan Jager, Jacobs High School, goes for gold in the 3,000-meter steeplechase. On TV: 11:35 p.m.-12:35 a.m. tape delay, NBC.
• U.S. women's water polo team (Melissa Seidemann, Hoffman Estates) plays quarterfinal match vs. Italy. On TV: 1-2 p.m. Live, NBC.
• U.S. women's basketball team takes on China in final prelim round game. Watch for Tamika Catchings, (Stevenson), Candace Parker (Naperville Central), and two Chicago Sky players, Swin Cash and Sylvia Fowles. On TV: 10:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. live, NBC Sports Network
• Diver Christine Loukas, Riverwoods, advanced to today's finals of 3-meter springboard, finishing in sixth in the semifinals on Saturday. On TV: 6-11 p.m. tape delay, NBC.
Results from Saturday
• Matt Grevers of Lake Forest helped the U.S. men's 4x100-meter medley relay team capture gold. Grevers swam the opening leg of the relay. Michael Phelps was part of the team, winning his 22nd Olympic medal.
• U.S. men's volleyball (Sean Rooney, Wheaton) lost to Russia 3-2. Tunisia on Tuesday.
• Nigerian men's basketball team lost 93-79 to Argentina. Richard Oruche (Bensenville) scored 7 points. Next up: Nigeria vs. France, Monday.
• Lake Forest pole vaulter Jillian Schwartz, competing for Israel, missed the finals of the women's pole vault, finishing 18th.