Update on suburban athletes in Olympics
• Olympian Sarah Zelenka from Itasca finished just shy of claiming a medal in England this morning. Zelenka, and her partner Sara Henderson, finished fourth in the women's pair rowing event today behind New Zealand, Australia and Great Britain. On TV: 3:45-4 p.m. tape delay, NBC.
• The U.S. women's water polo team plays Spain after a 14-13 win over Hungary on Monday. Watch for Melissa Seidemann of Hoffman Estates. On TV: Live, 12:20-1:30 p.m. NBC.
• The U.S. women's basketball team plays Turkey. Watch for Candace Parker (Naperville Central) and Tamika Catchings (Stevenson). On TV: Live, 4-6 p.m., NBC Sports Network.
Results from Tuesday
• Tuesday was golden for Conor Dwyer of Winnetka (Loyola Academy) and teammates Ryan Lochte, Ricky Berens and Michael Phelps, who swam away with the 4x200 freestyle.
• The U.S. women's soccer team won its 3rd game of the Olympics, beating North Korea 1-0. Amy LePeilbet, of Crystal Lake, was on the field but Abby Wambach had the game's only score.
• The Nigerian men's basketball team fell to Lithuania 72-53. Richard Oruche of Bensenville got 4:27 of playing time for Nigeria but didn't score. The 1-1 Nigerians play Team USA Thursday.
- Share Facebook Twitter
Article sent to (required)E-mail
Article sent from (required)E-mail Name
Subject Line (article title)
Message (optional)Success - Article sent Click to close
Interested in reusing this article?
Custom reprints are a powerful and strategic way to share your article with customers, employees and prospects.
The YGS Group provides digital and printed reprint services for Daily Herald. Complete the form to the right and a reprint consultant will contact you to discuss how you can reuse this article.Need more information about reprints? Visit our Reprints Section for more details.
Contact information ( * required )Name * Company Telephone * E-mail *
Article InformationTitle URL
Message (optional)Success - Reprint request sent Click to close