Submitted by West Aurora Unit District 129
West Aurora High School will host the 14th annual "Battle of the Big Butts" for offensive and defensive linemen.
Contact information ( * required )
There are many "7 on 7" passing leagues and tournaments for the backs, receivers, and linebackers and they would like to create some enthusiasm for the offensive and defensive linemen.
"Battle of the Big Butts" will be held at 3 p.m. Thursday, July 19. Check-in starts at 2 p.m. at West Aurora High School football stadium. Fee is $30 per team of five players. There are two levels -- varsity and freshman/sophomores. Enter as many teams as you wish at each level.
The competition will be the following events:
• Bench Press- Varsity: 185 lbs. freshman/sophomores: 135 lbs. Total reps is the team score.
• 40-yard Dash: Team will run at the same time. Total time is the team score. Use FAT.
• Medicine Ball Throw: Two throws, best one counts. Total distance is the team score.
• Agility Run: Chutes, Bags, Cones, Hurdle, Ladders, etc. Total time is the team score.
• Tractor Tire Relay Race: Team of five. Each leg will "flip" tire for 10 yards. Time is team score.
• Drive the 5 Man-Sled: Drive sled for 5 seconds. Start in stance. Two attempts.
• Tug of War: Pool play, double-elimination tournament, finals, single elimination
• Watermelon Eating Race: One man against the clock (nonscoring event)
Team and individual winners in each event will be awarded their T-shirts that day.
Any school interested in participating can contact Mike Powers, assistant varsity football coach, at (630) 234-2848 or email@example.com. You will be sent an email with the waiver forms and the entry forms. Each athlete must have a signed waiver. Each school must complete an entry form with your contact information.