• A "Home of the Hawkeyes" slate yard marker was stolen out of a yard in the 600 block of Lexington Drive between 9 and 11 a.m. Wednesday, police said.
• A black Sirrus hybrid bicycle and its cable lock were stolen off the bicycle rack on the north side of the Metra station, 328 Crescent Place, between 7 a.m. June 25 and 6:30 p.m. July 2, police said.
• A Tennessee man was charged July 5 with soliciting where soliciting is prohibited, at 6:10 p.m. in the 2200 block of Kings Court. Michael D. Carruthers, 30, of the 1400 block off Lambert Street in Memphis, continued to try to sell something to a resident even after the resident told him solicitors weren't welcome and pointed to a "No Solicitors" sign posted on the door, according to a police report.
• A Dell laptop computer was stolen out of a vehicle between 11 a.m. and noon June 19 in the 0-99 block of North Third Street, police said.
• Graffiti was painted on an electrical box in the 600 block of Parker Court, it was reported to police July 3.
• A burglar broke a window and stole a pink Guess bag off the front seat of a vehicle parked at Sunset Pool, 710 Western Ave., between 12:45 and 3:30 p.m. July 7, police said.