Cook County prosecutors have decided not to file charges against Chicago Cubs shortstop Starlin Castro for criminal sexual assault.
Spokeswoman Sally Daly on Friday said the state's attorney's office and the Chicago Police Department conducted a comprehensive review of the allegation of sexual assault and decided there was not sufficient evidence to bring charges against Castro.
Contact information ( * required )
Earlier this year Castro said he cooperated with authorities investigating the allegation that he sexually assaulted a woman last fall.
Castro was chosen to the All-Star team last year in his first full major league season when he batted .307 and led the National League with 207 hits.
Castro's attorneys, Jay Reisinger and Michael Gillespie, had contended the allegation was false.