ATLANTA -- The Ryan and Jenny Dempster Family Foundation has awarded 15 charitable organizations grants totaling $170,385, it was announced Monday.
The Dempster Family Foundation lends support to charities and organizations supporting children with a 22q11.2 deletion (sometimes more commonly known as DiGeorge Syndrome/VCFS) as well as other children's charities in need in Illinois.
Contact information ( * required )
Funds were primarily raised through the Foundation's annual Casino Night event (last July in Chicago and returning May 9 this year), as well as through TEAM DEMPSTER partner fundraisers for the foundation including: D'Agostino's Pizza and Pub Family Night of Fun and 22q Days at D'Agostinos, Bernie's Tap and Grill, Candyality, Potbelly's Sandwich Shop, The Palm Restaurant and others, as well as through generous donations from other individuals throughout the year.
"We would like to acknowledge the amazing support of our event sponsors, our TEAM DEMPSTER partners, and friends of the Foundation, who made our grant cycle possible," said Ryan Dempster, a starting pitcher for the Cubs and president of the foundation. "We are proud to announce that we funded 15 amazing organizations aligned with our mission this year -- bringing our two-year total of grants and gifts to over $391,385 through the Dempster Family Foundation."
The following charities received partnership grants this year:
• Advocate Charitable Foundation (for Advocate Hope Children's Hospital)
• Children's Healthcare of Atlanta (22q clinic)
• Children's Hospital Colorado 22q Clinic
• Children's Memorial Hospital, Dragonfly Forest Camp
• Light Center Foundation
• March of Dimes Illinois Chapter
• Maryville Academy
• Nationwide Children's Hospital 22q Center
• Operation North Pole Inc.
• PAWS Chicago
• The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia-"22q and You" Center
• The David and Erin Robertson Foundation: High Socks for Hope
• The International 22q11.2 Deletion Syndrome Foundation Inc.
• Te Mind Institute at the University of California-Davis.
For more information on how to apply for a grant through the Foundation, to view this year's grant recipients, or to learn more about the Foundation itself, visit dempsterfoundation.org.