1. He has a large, funky shoe collection, including metallic silver platforms and a pair with red fur. He wears them when he performs, and paid less than $25 a pair for most of them.
2. He's huge in Holland. ("The Dutch love pop music," he explains.)
Contact information ( * required )
3. He used to be a prolific sports reporter.
4. Disney Channel debated between a television show starring Covert and one with "Imagination Movers." They gave the gig to "Imagination Movers." Covert was disappointed but in the end thinks it turned out to be a good thing.
5. He's a Tony Award- and Jeff Award-winning playwright.
6. Fountains of Wayne bass player Adam Schlesinger wore a "Ralph's World" shirt while performing at Bonaroo.
7. Foo Fighters singer Dave Grohl, who has young children, recognized Covert at a party and said, "Hey, you're the 'Happy Lemons' guy!'" referring to one of his most popular children's songs.
8. Covert is 49 but recently got carded at Trader Joe's while buying two bottles of wine.
9. He has two sisters, including one with Down syndrome, which he calls "one of the deepest blessings I ever got."
10. When asked what his favorite time of his life was, his answer: "Today."