Breaking News Bar
updated: 1/29/2012 11:22 PM

Candles cause fire at Carpentersville church

hello
Success - Article sent! close
 
 

Unattended candles were to blame for a fire Sunday evening at a Carpentersville church, authorities said.

No one was hurt in the fire at the Celestial Church of Christ, 150 S. Kennedy Drive. The church is a storefront operation in the Meadowvale shopping center.

Order Reprint Print Article
 
Interested in reusing this article?
Custom reprints are a powerful and strategic way to share your article with customers, employees and prospects.
The YGS Group provides digital and printed reprint services for Daily Herald. Complete the form to the right and a reprint consultant will contact you to discuss how you can reuse this article.
Need more information about reprints? Visit our Reprints Section for more details.

Contact information ( * required )

Success - request sent close

Carpentersville Fire Department crews were alerted to the blaze by an alarm shortly before 6 p.m., Battalion Chief Todd Middendorf said. Upon arrival, they forced their way into the building and discovered the fire inside.

No one was inside at the time. A service was held in the church Sunday, and the last occupant left about an hour before the alarm, Middendorf said.

The fire was under control in about 25 minutes. Damage was estimated at $10,000.

Share this page
Comments ()
Guidelines: Keep it civil and on topic; no profanity, vulgarity, slurs or personal attacks. People who harass others or joke about tragedies will be blocked. If a comment violates these standards or our terms of service, click the X in the upper right corner of the comment box. To find our more, read our FAQ.