Lake Villa library announces contest winners
- Photos (1)
Taylor Munson's artwork won Best of Show in the Lake Villa District Library's BookArt Annual Contest for Kids.
Courtesy of Lake Villa District Library
The Lake Villa District Library announced the winners of its BookArt Annual Contest for Kids, a yearly celebration of reading and creativity.
This fall, the library invited children ages 5 to 12 to draw an original bookmark that illustrates a scene or character from their favorite book.
The library received more than 130 entries, which were judged by a panel of local art teachers.
Here are the winners:
• Best Of Show: Taylor Munson, 10, Hooper School
• First place: Anna Nelson, 6, Prince of Peace School
• Second place: Ava Mattson, 5, Thompson School
• Third place: Noelle Waldschmidt, 5, Prince of Peace School
• First place: Robyn Knight, 8, Hooper School
• Second place: Chloe Gorsuch, 9, Martin School
• Third place: Cecilia Nam, 8, Millburn Central
• First place: Nicole Carreon, 12, Palombi Middle School
• Second place: Janica Chin, 12, Palombi Middle School
• Third place: Emily Beall, 10, Oakland School
Taylor Munson's Best Of Show-winning bookmark will be printed professionally and distributed to all children who participate in the library's upcoming Winter Reading Program.
To view the winning bookmarks, visit www.lvdl.org/kids/bookart.
- Share Facebook Twitter
Article sent to (required)E-mail
Article sent from (required)E-mail Name
Subject Line (article title)
Message (optional)Success - Article sent Click to close
Interested in reusing this article?
Custom reprints are a powerful and strategic way to share your article with customers, employees and prospects.
The YGS Group provides digital and printed reprint services for Daily Herald. Complete the form to the right and a reprint consultant will contact you to discuss how you can reuse this article.Need more information about reprints? Visit our Reprints Section for more details.
Contact information ( * required )Name * Company Telephone * E-mail *
Article InformationTitle URL
Message (optional)Success - Reprint request sent Click to close