Contractor electrocuted at Napervilles Monarch Landing
A man working on a power line was electrocuted and sent to the hospital with significant injuries Saturday evening in Naperville, fire officials said.
The incident occurred at 4:25 p.m. at the Monarch Landing Senior Living Community, 2255 Monarch Drive, according to a news release issued by the Naperville Fire Department.
The man, an electrical contractor hired by Monarch Landing, was performing work on the facility's power line when the accident happened, Naperville Fire Battalion Chief Mark Thurow said.
According to Thurow, the man was alert and conscious when he was taken to Edward Hospital in Naperville for treatment.
The extent of the man's injuries is unknown at this time, but Thurow characterized them as being "significant."
"With an electricity injury you never know," Thurow said.
As a result of the accident, electricity was shut off at the Monarch Landing property until late Saturday night. The facility is running on backup generators until power is restored.
- Share Facebook Twitter
Article sent to (required)E-mail
Article sent from (required)E-mail Name
Subject Line (article title)
Message (optional)Success - Article sent Click to close
Interested in reusing this article?
Custom reprints are a powerful and strategic way to share your article with customers, employees and prospects.
The YGS Group provides digital and printed reprint services for Daily Herald. Complete the form to the right and a reprint consultant will contact you to discuss how you can reuse this article.Need more information about reprints? Visit our Reprints Section for more details.
Contact information ( * required )Name * Company Telephone * E-mail *
Article InformationTitle URL
Message (optional)Success - Reprint request sent Click to close