Breaking News Bar
updated: 8/3/2011 12:08 AM

Lightning bolt sparks Naperville roof fire

hello
Success - Article sent! close
 
 

A lightning strike during Tuesday night's storms sparked a Naperville roof fire that left a home uninhabitable and caused more than $150,000 in damage.

Firefighters responded just after 10 p.m. to the house fire on the 1100 block of Augustana Drive and found smoke billowing from the second-story roof, according to the Naperville Fire Department.

Order Reprint Print Article
 
Interested in reusing this article?
Custom reprints are a powerful and strategic way to share your article with customers, employees and prospects.
The YGS Group provides digital and printed reprint services for Daily Herald. Complete the form to the right and a reprint consultant will contact you to discuss how you can reuse this article.
Need more information about reprints? Visit our Reprints Section for more details.

Contact information ( * required )

Success - request sent close

All occupants of the home were out of the house by the time firefighters arrived and no one was injured during the fire, officials said.

It took firefighters about 15 minutes to bring the blaze under control, but units stayed at the scene for about 90 minutes opening ceilings and walls to put out any smoldering areas.

Share this page
    help here