• Charges are not evidence of guilt. Under law, individuals are presumed innocent until proven guilty.
Contact information ( * required )
• Shobhanaben Patel, 56, of the 600 block of Est Independence Court, Palatine, was arrested around 8:30 p.m. July 22 at Kohl's, 800 W. Dundee Road, and charged with local ordinance retail theft after she reportedly took three pairs of earrings valued at $78. Her court date is Sept. 7.
• Thieves stole an unlocked blue BMX bike out of the front yard at a home on the 1700 block of East Hintz Road between 7:45 and 9:15 p.m. July 20. Value was estimated at $60.
• Vandals shot BB-gun pellets into two front windows at a home on the 300 block of West Noyes Street between June 28 and July 18. Damage was estimated at $1,000.
• Vandals smashed the rear cargo door window on a 2003 Chevrolet Express extended van on the 1500 block of South Chesterfield between 10:30 p.m. July 22 and 7 a.m. July 23.
• Vandals smashed a basement window with a brick at a home on the 1700 block of North Verde Drive between 11 a.m. July 21 and 5 p.m. July 23; rain water flooded the basement, causing extensive damage valued at $40,000. Damage to the window was estimated at $150.
• Thieves stole four tires and rims out of a 2005 Infiniti coupe in a condominium lot on the 700 block of East Algonquin Road between 6 p.m. July 21 and 6:18 a.m. July 22.
• Burglars stole a cellphone valued at $300 and a briefcase out of an unlocked 2007 BMW 325i in a store lot at 1860 S. Arlington Heights Road around 5 p.m. July 21.