On behalf of Pride of the Fox Inc. and the event committee specifically we would like to thank everyone who helped make this year's 29th Annual Pride of the Fox RiverFest such a rousing success. Notable among those responsible were:
• The 72 sponsors and businesses that made a commitment to our community and made this event possible.
• The 100-plus dedicated volunteers who donated thousands of hours to ensure RiverFest occurs for everyone. They are truly incredible people.
• The City of St. Charles, the aldermen, Mayor Don DeWitte and City Administrator Brian Townsend for their continuing support of the festival.
• Comcast and its marketing team for teaming up with RiverFest -- at the carnival, the sand sculpture and "RiverFest Documentary" that will soon be featured on the local section of "On Demand."
• The police and fire departments for their help, advice and support.
• The Kane County Sheriff's Office and its SWAT team, which performed an incredible demonstration.
• The staff of the St. Charles Park District.
• Various city departments for their hard work.
• VFW Post 5036 and the Fox Valley Troop Support groups for supporting the "Salute Our Troops" venue and the Letters to the Troops booth. We had more than 80 letters written to the soldiers overseas by our attendees.
• And certainly, the thousands of residents who turned out to experience the festival in St. Charles.
Without the support and participation of everyone mentioned above, Pride of the Fox RiverFest would not be the memorable, annual event that it has become.
Mark your calendars for June 8-10, 2012, for the 30th Birthday Bash. We hope to see you there.
Julie Farris, Executive Director
Jon Olson, Board Chairman
Pride of the Fox RiverFest